So, you want to improve your outdoor space, but don’t know where to start? Have you been scrolling through Pinterest, looking at these beautiful gardens and landscapes, but aren’t sure how to apply them to your yard?
For over a decade, John Bohonyi and his team have been offering state-of-the-art garden design and landscaping services all year round. No garden is too big or too small for the Bohonyi Landscaping team! As a lawn design and maintenance expert, John Bohonyi shares the 6 principles of landscape design so you can make the outdoor space of your dreams.
- Create a focal point. Oftentimes, the focal point in a landscape will center around your front door in the front yard or around a social space in the backyard.
- Use the Golden Ratio. Also known as the Golden Rectangle, this will help you lay out patios, gardens, and more using ratios that are pleasing to the eye.
- Aim for simplicity so that your eye isn’t overwhelmed with clutter. Keep the overall color scheme and style consistent throughout your space.
- Play with textures. Between plants, wood, metal, stone, etc, you should be layering all kinds of different textures into the space.
- Keep scale in mind when thinking about the design of your outdoor space and make sure it works with existing structures, such as your home itself.
- Think about how the different seasons will affect the space and include plants that will add color even during the wintertime.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.