Is your backyard feeling a little lackluster? If so, it’s time to turn your yard into the outdoor oasis of your dreams! Creating a relaxing outdoor space has so many benefits, including reducing stress, encouraging more physical activity, creating another space in your home to socialize, and more.
John Bohonyi and his team at Bohonyi Landscaping have been offering garden design and landscaping services in the Trenton, NJ area for over a decade. As an expert in lawn care and maintenance, John shares 8 landscaping ideas for your backyard.
- Plant a garden of fruit, vegetables, and herbs.
- Create the outdoor dining space of your summer barbecue dreams.
- Establish some outdoor seating with benches.
- If you have established trees, try adding a hammock or a swing to your space for some relaxation time. If you have no trees, a bench swing is a great alternative.
- If you have a green thumb, creating a greenhouse in your yard is a great way to ensure you can take care of your plants all year round, no matter the weather.
- Give your shed some TLC and a fresh coat of paint. Feeling bold? Try a fun pop of color to brighten the space.
- If you don’t know where to start, add a fire pit somewhere in your yard and make it the focal point. After that, you can start planning the rest of your outdoor space.
- Consider adding hardscaping to your outdoor areas, such as retaining walls, pathways, or patios.